For most mobile users, the smartphone is more than just another device. It represents their lifestyle, and serves as their connection to the world. However, it cannot be denied that mobile users are an extremely distracted lot. They tend to jump from page to page, and have a lot of things going on at any one time. Add the fact that most mobile devices have very small screens and you can easily see how challenging optimizing your content for mobile can be.
5 Simple Strategies for Optimizing Mobile Content
- Have a goal in mind. When creating content for mobile, you need to focus on accomplishing a specific task. This will make your job a lot easier.
- Create high quality content. Some experts recommend creating short form copy since most users don’t have the time to read long content. However, some experts contend that most audience are willing to read long copies provided they tell a good story. Try creating both short-form and long-form copies to see which works best for your site.
- Use strong headlines. A great headline significantly increases the chance that your audience will read your content. For best results, make your headlines short and to the point. Remember, you are writing for smaller screens where space is at a premium so use fewer lines for your headlines. Make them smart and witty to attract your visitors’ attention, and try to make them more tweet-worthy so that your readers will be compelled to share them with their networks.
- Put the most important details up front. Get your ideas across quickly by putting the most important details on the first few of lines of your copy. Most mobile users simply read the headlines and skim on the first couple of lines so don’t rely on leading your readers to the big reveal.
- Test your content. Make two versions of your copy and test them against each other to see which performs better. Use A/B testing tools such as Google Website Optimizer, Optimizely and Unbounce to accomplish this task.
If you seriously want to take your business to greater heights, try optimizing your content for mobile. It may just be what you need to accomplish your goals.
We offer small business digital marketing services such as search engine optimization, PPC and social media marketing for companies nationwide. Check out our upcoming online marketing training classes and be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. If you’re interested in taking your business to the next level, sign up for a free marketing consultation. We’re ready to help you!
Comments are closed.