For most mobile users, the smartphone is more than just another device. It represents their lifestyle, and serves as their connection to the world. However, it cannot be denied that mobile users are an extremely distracted lot. They tend to jump from page to page, and have a lot of things going on at any one time. Add the fact that most mobile devices have very small screens and you can easily see how challenging optimizing your content for mobile can be.
5 Simple Strategies for Optimizing Mobile Content
- Have a goal in mind. When creating content for mobile, you need to focus on accomplishing a specific task. This will make your job a lot easier.
- Create high quality content. Some experts recommend creating short form copy since most users don’t have the time to read long content. However, some experts contend that most audience are willing to read long copies provided they tell a good story. Try creating both short-form and long-form copies to see wh
With the way things are going, social selling is proving itself to be such a powerful force in improving a business’s sales performance. Here are some interesting social selling statistics that you definitely need to know.
- 78% of salespeople who incorporate social selling in the sales process significantly outperformed their peers. (Forbes)
- 62% of salespeople who do not use social selling routinely miss their quotas. (The Aberdeen Group)
- 77% of B2B buyers would not speak to salespeople without doing their own research first. (Corporate Executive Board)
- 80% of sales organizations believe that a greater social media presence can further enhance their sales force. (The Sales Management Association)
- 82% of all prospects can be reached through social media. (InsideView)
- IBM increased their sales by 400% with their inbound social selling program. (IBM)
Despite these impressive statistics, it is interesting to note that 21.7% of salespeople are not using social media simply because they don’t see the value in doing so and/or they do not understand the principles involved in social selling.
3 Tips to Improve Your Social Selling Strategy
- Monitor multiple social media networks. Listen to what is being said across networks and filter all the noise to identify prospects and leads.
- Engage your prospects. Listening is not enough. You need to take action to accomplish your goals. Thus, you need to find topics of mutual interest, engage your prospects by sharing your insights about the topic, and establish yourself as an expert in your field. Remember, engagement is one of the keys to successful social selling.
- Make it personal. When you find useful content, send them to prospects who would appreciate them the most. Deliver the content with a personalized message to help them understand why you think the content would be useful for them, and include a call-to-action to encourage your prospect to take the appropriate action.
When done right, social selling can help boost your sales performance and take your business up a notch. Isn’t it about time you try how it can help you achieve your business goals? You should.
We offer small business digital marketing services such as search engine optimization, PPC and social media marketing for companies nationwide. Check out our upcoming online marketing training classes and be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. If you’re interested in taking your business to the next level, sign up for a free marketing consultation. We’re ready to help you!
Comments are closed.